Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I button problems after Mbrace / SW upgrades

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s550
Question I button problems after Mbrace / SW upgrades

I have a 2007 S550 that was running with Teleaid Service and original Nav and Command software. Had no major problems with this setup - I button functioned fine and always called the main Teleaid service (Now called Connected Vehicle Services) While I had no problems I wanted to upgrade as the maps were not showing new streets etc, no live traffic updates, no DVD playing and the Search and Send feature was disabled on Google for Teleaid customers in favor of Mbrace - plus I wanted the cool Mbrace Iphone app that unlocks the car and shows you where your car is located etc.

Sooooooo I took the car in to get the new NAV maps etc, Command upgrade and switch over to the Mbrace system. After the upgrade all things looked good and in working order except one issue - and its a pretty big one - about 4 of 5 times when I press the "I button" I get connected to the Emregency Response Center instead of the main Mbrace line. (Emergency Response can't connect to standard Mbrace either only Police and Fire etc) It happens anywhere - good coverage / bad coverage - both the Wrench and the SOS buttons work fine. When I press each of the three buttons the correct button display comes up on the console - so I know the system is correctly recognizing which button I have pushed. Mbrace thought it was Verizon, then thought it was a hardware problem. The dealer is working on it now and so far have not been able to get to the root cause. I am happy with their response so far - but thought I would put this out here to see if anyone has any similar experiences or thoughts on the problem.
Cheers
Steve