Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! key wont work..need sync?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Mercedes Benz CLK320
HELP! key wont work..need sync?

Hey everybody,

I misplaced my key last night. Today I had a locksmith come out and unlock my car because my spare key was iny dashboard (stupid but I did it because I just moved cross country a few weeks ago and had not taken it out). Anyway, I have not used this spare key in around two years. When I put it in the ignition, it did not even turn. No power or anything, so I dont think I can sync it. What should I do if the spare key is not even turning at all in the ignition? The dealer is closed and I need the car to go to work tomorrow. any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. thank you.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:00 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by djumblatt
Hey everybody,

I misplaced my key last night. Today I had a locksmith come out and unlock my car because my spare key was iny dashboard (stupid but I did it because I just moved cross country a few weeks ago and had not taken it out). Anyway, I have not used this spare key in around two years. When I put it in the ignition, it did not even turn. No power or anything, so I dont think I can sync it. What should I do if the spare key is not even turning at all in the ignition? The dealer is closed and I need the car to go to work tomorrow. any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. thank you.
Buy batteries.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:55 PM

Replaced it with new car batteries. Still not working. Any other suggestions?

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Buy batteries.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
The key would still turn even if the batteries were dead. Unless your car battery is dead you probably need a new key or EIS. I would guess it's the key if your lost key was working fine before.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by JonMBZ
The key would still turn even if the batteries were dead. Unless your car battery is dead you probably need a new key or EIS. I would guess it's the key if your lost key was working fine before.
dealer agrees with you. thanks for the help.