Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power windows problem...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 02:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power windows problem...

So I took my '03 E350 to get detailed in the morning. Picked up the car a few hours later and everything was fine and the car looked great. I then immediately brought the car to a repair shop to have my A/C looked at. They call me an hour later and I come to get my car only to notice that my drivers side window won't close. I then try all the other windows and none of them seem to be working either. I went back to speak to the manager and he and a couple of other techs couldn't fix the problem after checking all fuses, etc. Completely frustrated, I begin to get upset because they claim no responsibility whatsoever. I came to the repair shop windows up as most normal people do to avoid streaking on the windows after a car wash. When I returned, the drivers side window was wide open (repair shops do this to avoid locking keys in the car). So this problem had to occur between the time I left the car at the A/C repair and the time I picked it up about an hour later. These *******s really ticked me off and even began blaming it on the car wash saying that water got into the door switches. This can't be a possibility because they were able to open the window themselves!

So here's the weird thing about the problem:

The only switch that works is the one on the passenger door. All other door switches aren't functioning.
I was able to get the driver's side window closed but only with the key fob, which is able to power all windows.
I immediately felt it was a blown fuse but all checked out ok, and getting the window to close with the key tells me that there is power getting there.

I really need to get this fixed but don't want to bring it in to the dealership or another repair shop. Any help is appreciated.