Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Downloading iPhone Contacts to Phone Book of 2009 C300

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C300
Exclamation Downloading iPhone Contacts to Phone Book of 2009 C300

I just purchased a 2009 C300 and own an iPhone 3G. I was able to sync the phone to the car's bluetooth feature and it works just fine, but from what I'm able to gather through my research here there is absolutely no way to enter contacts into the car's phone book. When I click on the phone book in the car, it tells me it's empty but it doesn't give me any option to manually add entries.

I don't have the navigational feature, so I can't insert any SIM card into the car's slot to download the contacts. I'm told by my Mercedes-Benz dealership that the Apple "Apps Store" has a fairly new app that will allow you to transfer your contacts directly from your iPhone to the car's phone book, but they don't know the name of this app.

Does anyone happen to know the name of the app? I've downloaded several apps but they only allow me to transfer my contacts from one iPhone to another - not to the car. This is driving me insane, so any advice or insight is greatly appreciated!
Old 09-30-2010, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe; 2011 GLK 350 w/ Premium 1, Multimedia & Sport Appearance; I LOVE IT!
I've searched and cannot find any mention of such an app.

I do have the PCMCIA slot and am struggling to get my contacts to load.

This whole thing has me amazed. PCMCIA is essentially an obsolete memory format (at least you can buy a PCMCIA reader that will accept more contemporary mermory cards).

It seems that MB has made a concerted effort to make using an iPhone as difficult as possible and Apple is no help.

WTF; doesn't Steve Jobs have at least one Mercedes..?
Old 09-30-2010, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C300
Apple

Originally Posted by rmfnla
I've searched and cannot find any mention of such an app.

I do have the PCMCIA slot and am struggling to get my contacts to load.

This whole thing has me amazed. PCMCIA is essentially an obsolete memory format (at least you can buy a PCMCIA reader that will accept more contemporary mermory cards).

It seems that MB has made a concerted effort to make using an iPhone as difficult as possible and Apple is no help.

WTF; doesn't Steve Jobs have at least one Mercedes..?
I can't find the App either in the App Store. My M-B dealer is going to attempt to contact the client who told him about it to see if they can tell him the name of it. If I find out, I'll post it here. I really would like to be able to do this. As usual both Apple & M-B are both a day late and a dollar short!
Old 10-01-2010, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe; 2011 GLK 350 w/ Premium 1, Multimedia & Sport Appearance; I LOVE IT!
I was at my local Apple store yesterday and they said they have not heard of any such app.

I'd love to hear what your dealer says; please be sure to tell us!