Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i need help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230 kompressor sport
Question i need help!

Good morning everyone,

I just got a 2005 kompressor C230 series and the audio (just the sound) went out last night! What could be wrong? the CD 6 disk player is also acting up? any ideas please let me know.

Thank you
-Doug-
Old 10-08-2010, 11:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 E63, 04 discovery
try to pull the fuse for the radio. it should be one of the fuses in the drivers side fuse box under the hood. This might not solve your problem though. sounds like you have an optical ring fault.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230 kompressor sport
Originally Posted by j21importer
try to pull the fuse for the radio. it should be one of the fuses in the drivers side fuse box under the hood. This might not solve your problem though. sounds like you have an optical ring fault.

Ok so would you happen to know witch fuse? optical ring? Sorry dont nothing about nothing!
Old 10-08-2010, 02:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 E63, 04 discovery
not sure exactly. there is a fuse chart behind the cover on the drivers side of the dash. if you pop the cover off you can look at the chart. look for radio and command. usually there are two fuses. as far as the optical ring goes try the fuses first then you might have to bring it to a dealer. the audio system uses electrical signals as well as fiber optic.