Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 C230 Coupe Help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230 Kompressor Coupe w/ Evolution Package
Exclamation 2005 C230 Coupe Help!!!

Hi all, I am new to MB Forums and would like some help with a couple problems I am having with my recently (1 week ago) purchased c230 kompressor coupe w/ evolution package. My car has approximately 107,000km on it.
Problem #1: I took it to the mechanic's before I bought it and he checked everything and it all looked great. Both I and the mechanic have noticed my car pulls to the right when driving. When I bought the car the tires were completely bald and shot but had an even thread wear through out. I changed the tires and that seemed to help my pulling problem. To be on the safe side I took it in to get an alignment today at Active Green and Ross (pretty reputable) and after about 2 hours and apparently 2 alignments later my car is "aligned" (as per the picture they gave me) but is now pulling to the right even worse than before . I am bringing it back to them tomorrow but I am now a little nervous that I am looking at a bigger problem.
Problem #2: I noticed that when I put my car in reverse there is a vibration. I asked my mechanic about this he he said its nothing and apparently all Mercedes do that to let you know the gear is in place.

Any ideas on my problems? Anyone experienced these problems before? Please let me know your thoughts.