Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

??? for MBTECH 208

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2003 | 06:33 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

??? for MBTECH 208

Hey Dave hope all is well with you.

It seems quite a few 209 and 211 owners are getting a mildew smell for the first few seconds the a/c goes on. I've tried drying out the system by turning off the compressor via the economy button for the last few miles home and this seems to work all the time. It seems like we should not have to do this as I never had the problem on any of the 3 208's I owned, I did have it in a new bmw but after spraying a little lysol into the vent intake the problem was gone, I tried it on this car and the lysol successfuly came through all the vents but did not change the problem the next day. I noticed that the a/c intake on the 209 is located on top of the battery, after removing the plastic cover it seems like an easy way to allow extra moisture right into the fan/system, I even noticed the metal spinle of the fan had some corrosion on it after only 2600 miles.

Thoughts would be most welcome.

Thanks
Old 04-29-2003 | 04:25 PM

It is possible to change the programmation of the AC with the Star Diagnosis Laptop so that it drains the water better from the evaporator, however,...I am not Dave!
(Overhere all dealers are informed about that)
Old 04-29-2003 | 05:22 PM
Super Moderator
MBWorld Ambassador

2003 CL55 AMG
Hi Patrick. Glad to see you again !

For those who don't know, patrick is a MBTECH in Europe. Dave is a MBTECH in the USA. Nice to have 2 knowledgeable techs here to assist !
Old 04-29-2003 | 07:21 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by patrick
It is possible to change the programmation of the AC with the Star Diagnosis Laptop so that it drains the water better from the evaporator, however,...I am not Dave!
(Overhere all dealers are informed about that)
Thanks for this interesting information (it's OK you're not Dave,we appreciate the info from you both)...I will pass this along.