Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP POWER STEERING acting up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 01:25 PM
mlg

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
06 C350 sport 6MT
HELP POWER STEERING acting up

finally found the dyno mode so set out for my virgin run of parking lot donuts on a 1/2 inch of snow. did about 4 donuts all in the same direction, suddenly the steering resistance is very hi , oh cr p! now the resistance is very high at slow speed with idle rpm, when u add rpms the steering resistance returns to normal and during regular speeds is normal, parking manuevers are arm wrestling unless i rev to 2-3k rpm, i sucked out the powersteering fluid from the resevoir, looked brown, and replaced w fresh fluid drove it 50 miles and repeated. seems to have helped ALITTLE, what did i do and how do i fix it?? what a bummer , a few donuts and now this, i thought benz still built a durable car, nver had a problem like this w my 92 500e porschades even after 165k miles. if ive fried the pump , how do i replace ??? and any suggs for inexpensive rebuilt sales sites r much appreciated, thanx, bummed out mike feel free to pm me