Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Batteries

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 10:13 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
S63 AMG Coupe 2020
Question Batteries

As I'm using my SL500 only during 2 months in a year, I would have to disconnect the batteries (as I did for the CLK).

I mentioned that to my dealer who said that this is not recommended as all the electronic systems would have to be reinitialised and this can be done only in their premises.

They said that I need to install a charger that will maintain the battery instead of disconnecting it. To do that they have to carry some electrical wiring in the car (1 hour job) and then via the lighter on the dashboard I'll have to connect the car to an electrical plug in my garage.

Anybody heard something about that ?

According to the user manuals, it seems that is is quite an easy issue to reinitialise.

Thanks for your valuable comments
Old 05-07-2003, 11:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 c230k
1st birthday

You've got to 1st birthday the car again. This means relearn the window and sunroof settings which is no big deal. The car will also have to relearn your driving style which takes about 500 miles of use. Other than that, no big deal.