Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

US-spec E350 with non-power folding mirrors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 01:51 PM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2023 XC60 PHEV, 2023 XC40 BEV
Unhappy US-spec E350 with non-power folding mirrors

(Cross Posted from W212 forum: https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...r-nirvana.html to reach a bigger audience)

Hi All Tech-types ... I need your assistance in finishing up a MBenzNL installation. I have a 2010 US-spec E350 W212 that Steve added the RH/LH power folding mirror hardware and door switch. He also added this option to my car's datacard, and EPC now includes: 500 OUTSIDE REAR VIEW MIRROR LH AND RH FOLDING.

However, when he tried to update my computer, the car simply refused to recognize the new hardware. Bummer!

On Steve's advise I took my car to my local MB dealer where they tried to update the "ONLINE PROGRAMMING followed by ONLINE SCN CODING of the CENTRAL GATEWAY and the INSTRUMENT CLUSTER" per Steve's email. Still no working mirrors ... BUMMER!

So ... I'm looking for additional avenues to try to enable these mirrors. I'm located in Northern CA, USA and I'm looking for a flexible MB tech or Indy shop that might be willing to go "beyond the books" in enabling this EU option on my US car.

Any Ideas?