Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CL500 Water Damage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL500
CL500 Water Damage

Any help would be greatly apreciated. I have come across a 2006 CL500 that has water damage. I would like to help try to fix it to running condition, but I don't know where to start. The engine and transmission seem to operate just fine. The water didn't get into them, but the air suspension dosn't come up and other electrical issues. Any coments about what all could be wrong (I know the list could go on and on)? What might happen to the electrical systems? I know electronics and understand what happens with electrical components when they meet water (please hold the general comon sense comments), but I'm not familliar with the "systems" in the CL500.

Thanks in advance!!!
Old 03-16-2011, 11:18 PM

CLK550
Originally Posted by flood136
Any help would be greatly apreciated. I have come across a 2006 CL500 that has water damage. I would like to help try to fix it to running condition, but I don't know where to start. The engine and transmission seem to operate just fine. The water didn't get into them, but the air suspension dosn't come up and other electrical issues. Any coments about what all could be wrong (I know the list could go on and on)? What might happen to the electrical systems? I know electronics and understand what happens with electrical components when they meet water (please hold the general comon sense comments), but I'm not familliar with the "systems" in the CL500.

Thanks in advance!!!
Do you hear air compressor running? My first guess be an air compressor. When water gets in that connector, it makes it go crazy or not work. Not sure about your CL, but on most of them compressor is behind the front bumper on the right side(remove inner fender linning to get to it). Check for water in the connector. It might have shorted out the compressor thou!
Old 03-31-2011, 12:21 AM

1985 300cd 1994 E320 cab.
no air compressor on a cl abc system only car does not raise system needs to be pressurised. Most likely and the rear sam is wet and the cowl is gonna be clogged its got to be wet on the pass side undercarpet if its wet on that side cheap repair worth it as long as it does not have other problems but every cl needs a abc pump so dont worry about that