Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Error Codes+ Stereo not working+ Batt. Dying?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Error Codes+ Stereo not working+ Batt. Dying?

o this month my C320 2001 started acting up. First I changed three batteries, the first 2 being Energizer and the last one, that did not die, was made by Bosch. I believe that the batteries dying on me was from the Amplifier in the back.

Just a few days before the batteries were dying the radio stopped functioning. The radio console powers on, but no sound is outputted, also it says "No CD Changer". After further investigation I looked in the trunk and made sure that the fiber optic cable was plugged in. I also disconnected the bundle of cables all on one connector on the amplifier and made sure that it was receiving +14.x volts on the thick gauge red and black wires.

One thing I am worried about is that the pins on the amplifier seem to have some buildup of a hard green substance on it which looks like zinc/lime/calcium. I haven't got around to cleaning it, but I suspect that this is interrupting the electrical circuits of the amplifier, and yes the fuse is good .

Also there is an problem with the front right seat control? What happens is the lights, light under the passenger door, blinks almost like a code. On the front right, sometimes the window seems to have a "glitch" where if lowered or raised it will randomly stop , the same goes for the right view mirror.

I also scanned my car with Carsoft MB 7.42 and got the following codes on the first scan:

DCM-FL:
B1010 (Power supply: tension low)
B1011 (Power supply: tension high)
B1205 (Exterior mirror front left: mirror heating)
B1303
B1501 (Right: front door power window switch faulty)
B1502 (Right: front door power window switch faulty)
B1504 (Right: rear door power window switch faulty)

DCM-FR:
B10F3

DCM-RR:
B1000 (DCM Rear Right Faulty)
H1004 (Rear Right DCM control unit faulty)
B1010 (Power Supply: under voltage)
B1011 (Power Supply: over voltage)
H1101 (Rear Right DCM control unit: windows relays does not switches)
H1103 (Rear Right door engine(power window): Hall sensors power supply)
H1104 (Rear Right door engine(power window): Hall sensors)
B1504

D2B *Stereo*:
B1088 (CAN communication error with KI control unit)
N1112 (NO data transfer between D2B master and D2B processor possible)
B1146
B1010 (Power Supply: under voltage)
N1111 (No data transfer between D2B master and D2B component possible. The component at location 0 reports a fault in the D2B ring.)

After scanning all of the codes I erased all of the codes turned the car off then started it, and rescanned. The following codes came up on scan 2:

DCM-FL:
B1010 (Power supply: tension low)
B1011 (Power supply: tension high)
B1205 (Exterior mirror front left: mirror heating)
B1303
B1501 (Right: front door power window switch faulty)
B1502 (Right: front door power window switch faulty)
B1504 (Right: rear door power window switch faulty)

DCM-FR:
B10F3

D2B:
N1111 (No data transfer between D2B master and D2B component possible. The component at location 0 reports a fault in the D2B ring.)

Also battery drain stops if I unplug the amplifier. Also the stereo says "no cd changer", but I checked an made sure the power plug plus the optics cable was connected to it

Also there are 2 black boxes under the front passenger seat, which is supposed to control the door? I have also unplugged this because of abnormal battery drain. If I leave it plugged in, the battery dies over night which is about 10 hrs over night as I drive my car every day to school at 6:30 AM

Any thoughts and suggestions would be much appreciated.