Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need HELP FIXING ECU

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 11:34 AM
mlg

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
06 C350 sport 6MT
Need HELP FIXING ECU

have 06 c350 sport with 6MT with 40 k miles,,, had SI tune with 93 octane via K1 motorsport in CA in 2008. car ran great and strong , + 22hp, 29 tq ,,,,, until 1 month ago. now it will start and run fine and strong for about 6-8 miles, then when the ecu warms up it goes into limp mode, can only rev to 1000 rpm, and message appears " esp malfunction report to shop" and/ or "speedtronic malfunction report to shop", or car will run rough and only rev to 3500 rpm. you can also provoke this by giving a good tap to the ecu, now here's the ticker, if you tape a quart size bag of ice cubes directly on top of the ecu and keep it cool, then it will run for 30 minutes b4 acting up. this is a major pita, but i have been taking short round town trips for a week now using this method. so, the problem is heat and vibration provoked, so a buddy of mine who is retired from the air force as aviation electrician and i opened the ecu to look for a problem, ie. loose component, crack in pc board or something. we even looked with a strong magniffying glass, but dnf problem. any suggestions on how to fix or what component is most likely to blame which could be replaced at reasonable expense would be GREATLY APPRECIATED, MANY THANX,,, mike