Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

W203 POOR AUDIO SOUND

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w203
W203 POOR AUDIO SOUND

Hello , I have recently purchased my first C class , 2001 c200k after many years of E classes. Approximately every other time I drive it I get very poor sound from the stereo , on radio or CD, lots of vibration & sounds like your blowing thru a tissue wrapped comb ! Wondered if it mite be the unit & wanted to upgrade it to a bluetooth one anyway so duly fitted it this weekend (those heater vents !) but alas the sound is the same with the new unit. Guessing not the aerial or coax as it also occurs on CD playback & doesnt really seem to have a bias although its perhaps a bit worse thru the righthand speakers but perhaps thats just because they are closer. Would be much obliged for any advice if any member has suffered similar fault. Again just to mention that it doesnt happen every time I drive it , sometimes it sounds ok although I suspect the speakers are rather poor.