Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rough Idle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK320
Rough Idle

For several months now my '01 SLK320 has had a rough idle after the engine warms up (temp: 80+). My dealer ran a variety of diagnostics the last time I was in for service and indicated that everything was normal. The car idles at 500 rpm after warming up. Is this lower than normal? Interestingly, idle is perfectly stable when the engine is first started. Typically it idles at 700rpm when the temp gauge is below 80.
Old 05-29-2003, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E350 Sport Obsidian Black & 2005 Cadillac Escalade
Scott,
Although I have a 2003 C240 with only 1000 miles, I too have the same issue with a rough idle after warm-up. During my last service visit I decided to bring this issue up later in order to prioritize my problems. I noticed that in the past you experienced what my car is experiencing with steering wheel vibrations. This problem for me seems to worsen as I accelerate or at speeds of 65+. I also receive excessive feedback in the steering wheel over minor bumps in the road. Although we have different models, I was wondering if your vibrations have been resolved yet. Any input is greatly appreciated, as I would like to have some leverage during my next service visit. I can also be reached at tlbeedy@hotmail.com.

Thanks,
Travis