Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Figured out what makes Harmon Logic7 kick!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 10:12 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
E550C
Figured out what makes Harmon Logic7 kick!

Ever since I got my E Coupe, I've been rather dissatisfied with the sound system sound quality. In specific the bass. Well I think I figured out what this system needs to really show it's true colors.

Answer appears to be:
HIGH QUALITY/FIDELITY AUDIO

MP3's, radio, even HD and satellite radio dont seem to do the trick with this system. It needs lossless FLAC or surround DVD-A type music. The difference is night and day.

I guess the lack of detail in the sound file for MP3s holds the system back. I just spent a good amount of time streaming an MP3 and then FLAC from my Ipod to the system, the same song of course, and the difference was that the MP3 sounded dull, low and flat. While the latter sounded vibrant loud and detailed.

I'm no expert but I do have an ear for detail and sound quality. One thing that I have decided to do is load my ipod with flac. The problem being, I cannot find out if it's possible to play the flac through the command inputs since the ipod requires an app to play the flac, and command wants to use the default player, thus overriding the app. Aside from hooking up the ipod through the phono jack and controlling the music on the ipod itself, I dont see how FLAC files can be integrated to play through command.