Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil change and Audio probs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Oil change and Audio probs

I took my car in for the buzz brake problem, they had to order damper. I had them change the oil, only 1011miles, 7 months old. Now my car has the C service message as the next service change. Can that be changed back to A? I paid for the oil change.

The radio screen background is sometimes white and sometimes it turns black. I just notice that a few days ago. Has anyone experienced that?

Someone or something broke my back windscreen. Had it replaced, but the antenna did not stick to the screen anymore. Dealer is ordering a new antenna. They could not get the C panels back in right either. Will they have to take the inside paneling down to get the new antenna installed?
Old 06-01-2003, 03:49 PM

I haven't seen it anywhere, but I guess you have a new E-class (211).

The service system is not the same as other models. The letters A, B, C, D, and so on do NOT tell anything about WHAT has to be done, but only HOW LONG it will take (this is the "service code").
(For making an appointment at MB workshop)

You can also have a weird number/letter-combination (like "3GHPO" or something completely different,....), this is the "workshop code".

At the MB workshop with the combination of both the service and the workshop code they know exactly what to do. So every service can be different from car to car and from driving habits to driving habits, circumstances, and so on...

In fact you should not have let them do the oil change (why did you do that), but it seems they also do not know how the system works.

I think reprogramming the ZGW ("central gateway"-unit) is the only way to change the service data.

About the radio screen: maybe there is something wrong with the light sensor. I guess it happens with the light switch at "auto". Do you experience any difference with the light switch off?
Old 06-01-2003, 05:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
With regards to the radio screen, are you wearing sunglasses when this happens? Polarized lenses will cause the screen to appear to turn black.
Old 06-03-2003, 07:18 AM

2013 E350
Regarding the backround of the COMAND screen going from white to black. On my E320, the backround is white if the auto headlights are off and black if they are on.
Old 06-10-2003, 12:55 AM

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for responding to my post.

Why should I have not let the service people change my oil?

It had been 7 months.

I took my car in for the buzzing in the brake peddle and now

my car now has a hiccup, shake when I turn it off after driving. No noise. Do you know what is causing this? No malfunction appears on dash.

For the Radio:
I was not wearing sunglasses. The screen changes on occasion with or without the auto lights on.

Thanks. Cheers.