Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DaimlerChrysler Employee Here...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DaimlerChrysler Employee Here...

All-
I have just recently taken an internship for DaimlerChrysler at their Washington, D.C. office, the main focus of the office is Lobbying, however they do dabble in other parts of the business.

I will try to answer any questions, as I have direct access to the daily DaimlerChrysler Newsletter along with the ability to pick at the minds of some of the top executives here.

The standard company car here is the new E500, while one of the workers has a new S600 (Yes, 2003) as a company car. He cannot stop talking about it, so I will hopefully be getting a ride in it soon enough.

I believe Jurgen Schrempp ( DaimlerChrylser Chairman of the Board) will be coming into the office in the next week or so and I may be able to meet him.

If anyone has any questions they have answered, Ill do my best. Im still working on trying to get an E55 as my company car
Old 06-03-2003, 01:17 PM

2003 s500 sport
Are you saying that if you work there you can have a e500 as your company car or is it that people working there buy e500s for themselves?

If they really gave them to employees that is so cool.
Old 06-03-2003, 01:28 PM

Yes, the people who work here are given a company car, although it is not all the employees, just senior staff mainly. The car is given to them as part of the contract, and the car is essentially taken back in a few years by DaimlerChrysler and a new car is provided. It is similar to a lease, expect you dont have the monthly payments. It is definetely a nice perk to the job, just gotta work hard to get to the top.

As I stated before, another company car at this office is a new S600 which is being driven by the gentleman down the hall from me. Very nice. Ill try to take some photos of the garage in the coming weeks.
Old 06-03-2003, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
Lobbying???

Do you mean to say that your are an intern into the corporate structure of MB?? My biggest gripe is.....Quality standards need to be revised to meet today's standards and audited for compliance.
Old 06-03-2003, 11:25 PM

mleskovar-
I wouldn't say I am an intern in the corporate structure, but rather at DaimlerChrysler's D.C. office that focuses on Lobbying, among other things. In terms of quality standards, here is something I posted elsewhere that kind of shows why MB quality is slipping, but why DC is really not worried b/c the Chrysler Group (Chrysler and MB products) quality is improving and thats all that matters. Not that Chrysler is rising and MB is falling.

DaimlerChrysler does not consider MB and Chrysler to be seperate, but rather one company. In the paper, it states that "Chrysler Group closes gap on industry leaders", meaning that it is considering both Chrylser and MB's quality, not each one seperately. The article continues by saying that " Chrysler Group vehicles earned a 3 percent gain in quality for 2003, while overall industry quality fell flat and key Japanese competitors dropped signifcantly, according to a leading independent vehicle quality research firm." Referring to JD Power.

Hope this sheds some light on the topic.