Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SRS Module and Audio Gateway the same unit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SRS Module and Audio Gateway the same unit?

Hello All,

Is the audio gateway the same unit as the SRS unit? A while back I had the "SRS Malfunction, Visit Workshop" message on my E500. They replaced the unit to fix this error message. Is this unit the same as the audio gateway that gives off the static and radio lock up? The SRS unit they replaced was located in the trunk.

If it is not the same unit, where is the Audio Gateway located?

Thanks
Old 06-04-2003, 12:16 PM

The Audio Gateway is in the trunk, not the SRS unit.
But other units can cause problems with the SRS, e.g. like the Central Gateway that is located under the steering wheel.
The SRS unit is located where it always is, behind the ash tray.
Old 06-04-2003, 12:21 PM

Patrick,

Thanks for the reply. Few months ago, they replaced the unit in the trunk, and that was to fix the SRS Malfunction, visit workshop message. I did not know that was the audio gateway they replaced. They told me they were replacing the SRS control module and it was in the trunk. Thanks for the information.
Old 06-07-2003, 06:54 PM

Most likely you will have a fault in many of the vehicles' modules that all will point to faults with the Central Gateway (CGW). Mercedes Benz has a newer version of this CGW, several actually. I have changed many of the CGW's at work for the faults that cause the SRS light to stay on. If your CGW part number ends in 2545 it should be replaced with a unit ending in 3145. The new CGW will need to be version coded for your vehicle but this should solve your problem.