Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help with transmission acting up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E63 AMG
Exclamation Need Help with transmission acting up

Hi,
i am newbie to the forum, I tried a search of this first before posting but couldn't find anything.

i just got a 2004 clk55, had it for about 1 month and love the car. It has 70,000 miles.

A week ago i was driving in C mode and got on the gas pretty hard. the car seemed to shift ok into 2nd and then 3rd, then i backed off and got on the brakes, the tranny seemed to go into neutral at that point and when i pressed gas the rpms went up and transmission was not engaged in any gear. I slowed way down to a near stop. then slowly pressed gas and everything seemed to be back to normal?

strange i thought, then about a week later same thing occured only this time check engine light came on. It seemed like whenever i got on the gas hard and the trany had to shift at high rpm or downshift at high rpm, it would just go into neutral untill i either slowed to 5mph or stopped completly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated i don't want to get ripped at the dealership, i don't have any warranty.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe; 2011 GLK 350 w/ Premium 1, Multimedia & Sport Appearance; I LOVE IT!
Do you have service records for the car?

Has the tranny fluid ever been changed?

With 70K on it this should be done, especially if it never has been done before.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:19 PM

2010 E63 AMG
I don't have any service records, so i don't know if tranny fluid or any service has been done. But this dosn't seem like simple transmission fluid change would solve the problem. I suppose i should take it to the dealer and find out what code came up for the check engine light to come on?
Old 10-16-2011, 01:06 PM

2010 E63 AMG
Still doing this, can anyone else help out?
Old 10-19-2011, 11:45 PM

97 S420
Well, Like Rmfnla Said You should start with the fluid. It is the cheapest fix, and low or bad fluid can make things act up real bad.