Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sunglass drawer will not close

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E350 Wagon
Angry sunglass drawer will not close

I think a quarter may have fallen behind, as it will not close. went to the MB service dept today and they said they need to take the whole front panel off. from what i have read, this seems to be the case. i find it hard to believe that the drawer itself cannot be removed easily. can someone please confirm? I was also told that if a quarter, this would not be covered by warranty - really? a malfunctioning drawer not covered? does it say anywhere "no coins"? anyway, would love to know if there is a simple way to remove the drawer so i don't have to drive around with it sticking out of my dash much longer. going to see a car guy tomorrow who said he could help figure it out for me so would be great to have some kind of direction on this. we have a small camera that we can try to see if in fact it is a quarter. we were considering drilling out the back of the drawer rather than removing the entire passenger side dash. at least we would see what is preventing the drawer from closing.

I have only had this car 1-1/2 mos. if someone has any directions on how to access, it would be appreciated.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:01 PM

2007 E350 Wagon
sunglass drawer will not shut - problem solved!

well, my guy worked magic this morning and was able to get the stuck quarter out. He removed the panel below the glove box and was able to get his arm up behind the sunglass drawer. he put some very sticky window putty on the end of his index finger and after several attempts was able to finally stick his finger to the quarter and very carefully extract his arm and the quarter. so, my advise to everyone is to NOT use this drawer for coins even though it is very tempting since the size and shape of the drawer is really very well suited for holding coins and not much else.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:01 PM

2000 CLK Cabriolet
Odd, my car has this sticker on the bottom of the sunglass drawer.
Attached Thumbnails sunglass drawer will not close-warninglabel.jpg  
Old 03-07-2012, 09:57 PM

2007 E350 Wagon
that's great!