Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear springs on a mercedes c220

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 08:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C220
Red face rear springs on a mercedes c220

I got rear springs on a mercedes c220 fitted about 6 months ago, driving feels ok to me but this weekend i just got 2 new front tyres fitted and the guy told me that one of the rear springs is fitted upside down and should be replaced immediately that its unsafe to drive, i went back to mechanic that repleced the rear spings and he said it doesnt matter what way they are fitted they do the same job - is this true does it matter waht way the rear springs are fitted?

Engine management light is on but cant find thr problem - seems to be something to do with the airflow or metre as its giving problems when reving up, anyone can help???

Also if there is a little movement in the control arm front right is this very dangerours? It will be a few weeks before I can get this replaced? Would it pop out?
Old 04-13-2012, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class W215
Interchanges of springs don’t affect the comfort riding and suspension behavior. In the case of rear tire, it slightly feathered on the inside edge of the rear tire.