Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0103 ERROR CODE - MERC 220 CDI 2002 PLATE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2012 | 04:31 AM

220cdi
P0103 ERROR CODE - MERC 220 CDI 2002 PLATE

Hi and firstly ive just joined this forum in need of some help and have been pulling my hair out for ages about my car, its a 220 CDI 6 speed coupe on a 2002 plate

The Story is:

- The car doesnt rev over 3000 RPM, so instantly took it to my local family mechanic. He put it on the computer and pulled up the P0103 code.

So initially i bought a new MAF sensor from MB direct! for £75 and replaced it within seconds = > it didnt fix the problem the code was still showing & not reving over 3000 RPM

- SO next step we tested the MAF connections and obviously found one of the four wires had 12volts coming out of it instead of 4-5 volts based on a circuit diagram we have. Initially we thought it was either bad earth so tested all wires for grounding and even chopped the wires off and connected our own ones direct to the ECU, thinking the wires where dead or burnt from heat, but also noticed the ECU was giving out 12volts...

- Next we thought the ECU was faulty, so sent it away with an identical ECU i found at a salvage yard and they changed all the important chips over to the new one and sent it back, pulgged it in and It didnt solve the problem......

Its been a little stressful, but can anyone help? Does the car give out 12volts instead of 4-5 volts on purpose because there's a fault? we've eliminated the above we hope!