Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

coolant leak (with pictures)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 c240
coolant leak (with pictures)

I truly appreciate any input here.
I started having a "low coolant" alert last week. I didn't see anything at that point and topped it off with a 50/50 coolant, went on about my business, and didn't think much of it. But today the alert shows up again and I see this horrible looking leak coming from what I believe is the header. (I do not claim to know ANYTHING about engines. If I'm wrong please tell me and it will be appreciated.)There's really no other symptoms to speak of. If i was being picky there's a little bit of a rough idle occasionally, but other than that it runs smooth. Does anybody know what this might be and if possible average repair costs? Its a 2002 C240.

coolant leak (with pictures)-uhoh2.jpg

coolant leak (with pictures)-uhoh.jpg
Old 04-21-2012, 09:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 E63, 04 discovery
i have never seen a coolant leak from there. Check to see if the water pump is the source of the leak and is throwing the coolant around. the water pump is located on the front of the engine just below the picture you are showing.