Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Squeaky seats -- fix it or forget it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 02:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Squeaky seats -- fix it or forget it?

My driver's seat squeaks fairly loudly. Any bouncy motion will cause it, even if I just shift my weight. I understand this is common in the 2000 S-Class and I heard (but am not sure) was fixed in 2001 by using a different plastic base.

I figure the dealer will screw around with it for a few days under warranty but I'd rather not waste the time if there is no known fix. Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

Old 07-04-2003, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S60R, ML320, W211/E350
If you can locate where the sound is coming from, I did with my seat, all I did was place a piece of small weather strip between the plastic piece and the leather. That is the easiest way to fix a very annoying problem....

of course you need to locate where they are rubbing first, that proves to be the most challenging!!!

Good luck!
Old 07-04-2003, 03:50 PM

Audi 80 Quattro (with a couple of modifications)
Yes, the seat is rubbing against a plastic peice that either need to be removed and replaced or you can file it down to stop it from rubbing and squeeking. Using weather stripping could possably work also.
Old 07-07-2003, 01:17 PM

2002 S430
I had the problem with my 2002 S430. I took my car to the dealer 6 times to get it fixed. Each time they kept changing something and eventually it's fixed. I think my problem was with the plastic cover on the seats were rubbing against each other. So they ordered a new one and replaced it.