Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

San Fernando Valley service shop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 03:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
San Fernando Valley service shop

I need to do a Service B on my '03 CLK but I don't want to take it to the dealer. Does anyone have experience with a good independent shop in the San Fernando Valley that they can recommend to do this? I have also read threads on here about Service B and that I could just do an oil/filter change as well as cabin filter instead of the whole lists of stuff. I assume I will still need an MB specific shop even for the oil change?

In all my years of owning this car, this will be the first time the dealer won't be doing the work so just want to make sure. Thanks.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
A service B is much the same as the service A however cabin air filters get changes as well as some other mileage specific items. Also the car is inspected more thoroughly in a service B, or at least it is supposed to be.

Anyone with knowledge can preform a service B as well as the dealer.

If you are looking for a good idependant Mercedes shop in the West San Fernando Valley, I would recommend MBZ Motors at Winnekta and Roscoe in Canoga Park. 8300 Winnetka. 818-709-5400

Talk to George the owner.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you. I'll give him a call this week.