Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery BNS controller problem?? need help...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 SL500 Kleeman
Battery BNS controller problem?? need help...

2004 SL500 with Kleeman supercharger, 33k miles. The car sat for some time. It started right up but the rear battery was dead. I replaced the rear battery but the red battery light is still on and the top will not lower. I took it into the shop that installed the kleeman kit and the mechanic says that he is unable to communicate with the battery controller or BNS? The 100A fuse on the passenger side is good. Is this common? How would it go bad from sitting? I drove it a few times with the bad battery before replacing it.

Is my only option to replace the BNS at $750 simply because the car sat and the battery died? Can you buy this BNS used or must it be paired to the car specifically? This is ridiculous! I've had cars and trucks sit for 2 years and fire right up without the battery even going dead!!!
Old 05-29-2012, 04:09 PM

2004 SL500 Kleeman
No one???
Old 06-02-2012, 12:39 PM

C300
Sl's trunk seals leak. This is a pretty common problem on these cars. I would check to see if there is any moisture or water in the trunk under the carpeting if the car sat outside (assuming you live in an area that gets precipitation). Most common is for the water to take out the PSE pump which would affect your roof operation. It can also blow fuses so make sure you check all fuses. The pse fuse is in the compartment behind the pass seat.
Old 03-20-2020, 04:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 MB SL55
BNS Controller

Originally Posted by nikk777
2004 SL500 with Kleeman supercharger, 33k miles. The car sat for some time. It started right up but the rear battery was dead. I replaced the rear battery but the red battery light is still on and the top will not lower. I took it into the shop that installed the kleeman kit and the mechanic says that he is unable to communicate with the battery controller or BNS? The 100A fuse on the passenger side is good. Is this common? How would it go bad from sitting? I drove it a few times with the bad battery before replacing it.

Is my only option to replace the BNS at $750 simply because the car sat and the battery died? Can you buy this BNS used or must it be paired to the car specifically? This is ridiculous! I've had cars and trucks sit for 2 years and fire right up without the battery even going dead!!!
Can the car be driven w/o causing any further problems.
The following users liked this post:
biker349 (03-20-2020)