Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help me with an audio problem - desperate !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 05:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes S500
Please help me with an audio problem - desperate !

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anybody may be able to help me with a problem I have been experiencing with my Mercedes.

I have a Mercedes 2000, S500 and the audio system cuts out intermittently when on, whether its CD, tape, or radio. After a few minutes of playing, the audio will intermittently cut out for 5-10 seconds then resume again. This happens regularly whenever I use the audio entertainment system in the car. When in tape mode its like it stops playing the tape and then starts up again after the disturbance goes away. In the radio mode, it just blanks out for 5-10 seconds. Throughout the whole process the navigation screen displays the audio mode - radio/CD/tape, and remains powered on, before, during, and after the disturbance.

I took it to a Mercedes mechanic and he hooked up his computer to the car to diagnose the problem, but oddly, he told me no error codes come up. He says he thinks it may be a problem with the amplifier unit in the car, but is not sure. So much for spending money on that.

Does anybody have an idea of what could be causing this ? Unit head software ?

I would greatly appreciate any time anybody could spare to help solve this mystery.

Allan