Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SOS Tele Aid Inoperative - Questions?

Old 06-17-2012, 03:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SOS Tele Aid Inoperative - Questions?

I have a 2007 ML350. Opened the access panel to the rear tail light in order to install the rear brake lamp repair kit. Installed the rear brake lamp repair kit with no problem, done it before. However, when I was unscrewing the nut to connect the attached grounding wire I accidentally dropped the nut in the bottom of the cavity behind the rear tail light. In order to retrieve it, I ended up having to unplug the wires in the back of the fuse panel. There were six of these wires, two each with blue, black, and white adapters on the end. I am pretty sure that I re-attached them in the correct order. I also had to unplug three wires to the rear SAM unit, which is right behind the fuse panel. Again, I plugged those wires back in their correct sockets. After plugging everything back in and getting everything connected again, I turned on the car to test the rear brake light. It works, as does everything else inside of the car. However, now every time that I turn the ignition on I get a dashboard message which says "SOS Tele Aid Inoperative". I have double-checked that everything is plugged back in and connected firmly. What am I missing here? When I turn the car on, the "i" and wrench buttons remain lit in red and do not extinguish. I try pushing them both and nothing happens. I try pressing the SOS button, nothing. Could this be the result of me having something not plugged in or plugged in in the wrong place? What and where exactly is the Tele Aid module in my car? Any advice here would be much appreciated. In what order are the colored adapters supposed to be plugged into the back of the fuse panel?