Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Mercedes 08 CL550 Owner (2 days) Dynamic Seat Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 11:10 AM
dhe

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 CL550
New Mercedes 08 CL550 Owner (2 days) Dynamic Seat Issue

Hello forum!

New member here. Picked up an 08 CL550 Saturday. I have a seat issue. I have read a million threads but cant figure out the best plan of attack. For starters the passenger seat work perfect. I am not sure if there are two pumps or one? The drivers seat.... the massage function works perfectly. The side and shoulders work for a second to a minute then deflate. The dynamic comes in but goes off almost instantly. From what I am able to figure out myself from reading threads, the pumps is good, maybe a bladder is bad or a valve? Is this a self fix or a dealer. How much do you think this is going to set me back?

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

Dave
Old 08-09-2012, 02:38 AM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
Answer

The seat has a built in airbag, modules and motors.

A trained MB mechanic knows how to safety/disable, and work on these seats.

My best advice is take it to the dealer.

roy@pelicanparts.com

Old 06-10-2017, 07:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 cl550 4matic
I know this is a very old thread but it may help someone to relay my experiences with my older car anyway. Similar to the OP I have an 09 CL550 just recently bought with dynamic seat issues on driver's side. Problems are mostly with seat cushion bolsters:
  • setting is never remembered and is on zero each time I get in the car
  • one small increment increase along the 10 position onscreen bar increases the inflation by 90%. The rest of the 9 increasing positions only a little more
  • sometimes after 20 minutes of driving or so the seat cushion bolsters will suddenly increase to 90% without warning
The car has been to the dealership twice for this problem including an expensive replacement of the "seat adapter" and guides. Thankfully covered by the service warranty bought at time of purchase.

The problem is no better after this work and is a bit worse as the sudden unexpected inflation wasn't happening before. I'm living with it for now - the car is so nice in so many other ways.

peace,
Mark H