Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mono Valve

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 02:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mono Valve

I have and 1981 380sl, and I have been looking all over for the location of the mono valve, and I cant find it anywhere. Can some please explain to me where it is at, and how i would get to it.
Thanks.
Old 07-18-2003, 07:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 W163, 84 W123, 03 E39, 98 E39
MonoValve

I do not specificaly know your vehicle, but from other models have owned, I would suggest loking on the firewall. On all my MBs there has been a black rubber tube comming off the radiator/engine on the front of the engine compartment on the passenger side, that has an in-line electric pump. Follow the black rubber heating tube back towards the back of the engine and to the firewall and I believe you will find your monovalve mounted there connected to the heater tube.

On all the older monovalves there is a silicone diaphram that tears and goes bad. In the 80's I use to be able to obtain this diaphram for a couple of dollars to replace them. Then MB decided that we needed to preplace the whole actuator/diaphram for like $35. Purchasing the complete monovalve with the outside housing is now in the range of $140 or so if the magnet that surrounds the actuator is bad also.

Let us know if/where you find it. Good luck.