Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ML320 gas tank won't take on fuel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML 320
ML320 gas tank won't take on fuel

Hello, hoping to get some direction on a problem I'm having with my '98 ML320. I have a fuel tank that won't take on fuel without babying it. It seems that the tank is not being able to displace air when I'm filling it up. It'll fill like normal for about 3 or 4 gallons, then acts like a full tank by wanting to spit gas back at me. I've had it into the dealer to be diagnosed, and they replaced the filler neck insert, but that didn't work. Before I call them and tell them their/my $400 fix didn't work, I wonder if any of you have had similar problems.
Thanks
Old 10-22-2012, 07:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 MB C-Class Sedan 4D C300
If you have trouble with the fuel tank you should first diagnose where the problem of your car(parts for mercedes ml 320) is coming from. Check if it starts normally. Listen for the rough idles when the engine warms up. You will be needing the fuel tank drained for you by an experienced mechanic so that your tank can be refilled with diesel fuel. And check the if the engine revs of the RPM range is normal.