Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E55 AMG No Power HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG
E55 AMG No Power HELP

I have an 04 and it has been running great. All of a sudden I lost all power. After reading up on it I found the IC pump failed. I replaced it with a 010 Bosch and now thats working fine but still no power. Anything over 1/4 throttle goes flat. No SC kick in no power. Its been at the dealer for a full day and they said they still get an IC pump code but the pump is running fine. Also got a pedal sensor code. Anyone had this problem? The tech seems to be struggling with it and any help would be great. TIA
Mike
Old 08-22-2012, 11:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
I've seen the pedal assembly got out and cause total loss of power. What happens in the sensor cant sense the pedal being actuated which results in no power.

If that is indeed your issue, a new pedal assembly complete with sensor is a 3 minute install.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:05 PM

E55 AMG
I thought that might cause that, but shouldn't the dealer tech think of trying a new one?
Old 08-22-2012, 11:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Originally Posted by wildcard
I thought that might cause that, but shouldn't the dealer tech think of trying a new one?
You would think..... Especially with it throwing that code. Seems pretty conclusive as the code matches your complaint.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:13 PM

E55 AMG
Heard from dealer today. First problem is there was some air in the coolant system causing the IC pump code. They said that they have never seen that as the system should self bleed. Second issue was a bad tank of gas from Mobil. They drained it and refilled. Third problem was bad plugs. Fourth was bad fuel pump. What I thought was going to be a quick trip to the dealer for a sensor of coolant bleed turned into 3 days. They were great though and really helped out on the bill.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07' SL65, 04' E55, 03' Evo8, 08' GSXR, DSM's...
So, what i want to know, is the car actually driving fine now? Or are you still waiting for it? Personally i don't think the plugs needed changed nor the gas or pump :P I'd check out the pedal assy and see if they replaced that without saying anything, and charged you for the more pricier work. Good luck either way.

Aaron