Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer says my led map lights causing abs failure! Help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ml350
Dealer says my led map lights causing abs failure! Help!!!

Hoping someone knows a little more than my dealer here, or has had a similar issue so I can get them on the right track. Here is the issue: 2010 Ml350, 20,000 miles or so. Under full warrantee. Driving to Vegas and 2 hours in all of a sudden the and ESP and triangle light come on, speedometer drops to zero but still runs fine. Display says "pre safe inoperative, see owners manual" next screen says "cruise control inoperative." Next screen says "abs esp inoperative" see user manual. After a while it worked again but threw the check engine light. So we took it in, they said the wheel sensors are fine, checked the abs unit, replaced one of the computers and gave it back. Said it was fixed. 3 days later same thing. Said they replaced a different computer and gave it back. Said it was fixed. 2 weeks later and it happens again. This time they say they took the "wiring apart from end to end" and can't figure it out. They call me the next day, tell me to pick it up and they want to talk to me. We show up and the service advisor says good news and bad news. Good news is, they figured it out. Bad news......get this.....the INTERIOR led lights that I changed in the cabin are causing the issue!!!! I asked him if he was serious. I told him that I hoped Mercedes would not link an interior light failure to a computer controlling the abs unit! He went on and on about how things all are connected blah blah. He had no answer for the fact that these lights have been in for a year without issue. I'm changing them back to stock tonight, but this is obviously not the issue. Can anyone please help!!!! This is crazy.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Your dealer is trying to con you in order to avoid warranty repair.

That is my take.