Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

W220, S320cdi Airmatic Stop Car Too Low

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w220, s320cdi
Angry W220, S320cdi Airmatic Stop Car Too Low

I bought the car privately a few months ago, and found out that it needed a new turbo, as there was was no power and kick-down.

After spending over a £1000, there was still no kick down. But recently, a message has been displayed, Airmatic - Visit Workshop.

Took the car back to the mechanic ( not dealer ). They reprogrammed the car and the display went. They said they have checked the pump, relay, and leaks. All was o.k.

After driving for a day, same message came up "Airmatic, Visit Workshop".

After driving for a week, a new message is displayed "Airmatic Stop, Car Too Low". The car is now too low with the front wheels inside the wheel arches.

The car was made in the year 2003, with 87,000 miles on the clock.

The build quality of this model is worst than a 50 year old wheel barrow. After spending over a thousand pounds on the turbo, I now have a possible major problem with the suspension. I think the airmatic crap was designed by MB chimpanzees. There are many people on this forum with airmatic problems.

This will be the last time I buy a MB car with a ****matic suspension. I will stick to the reliable spring suspension.

Any help in diagnosing this problem will be appreciated.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by yogi_akshar
I bought the car privately a few months ago, and found out that it needed a new turbo, as there was was no power and kick-down.

After spending over a £1000, there was still no kick down. But recently, a message has been displayed, Airmatic - Visit Workshop.

Took the car back to the mechanic ( not dealer ). They reprogrammed the car and the display went. They said they have checked the pump, relay, and leaks. All was o.k.

After driving for a day, same message came up "Airmatic, Visit Workshop".

After driving for a week, a new message is displayed "Airmatic Stop, Car Too Low". The car is now too low with the front wheels inside the wheel arches.

The car was made in the year 2003, with 87,000 miles on the clock.

The build quality of this model is worst than a 50 year old wheel barrow. After spending over a thousand pounds on the turbo, I now have a possible major problem with the suspension. I think the airmatic crap was designed by MB chimpanzees. There are many people on this forum with airmatic problems.

This will be the last time I buy a MB car with a ****matic suspension. I will stick to the reliable spring suspension.

Any help in diagnosing this problem will be appreciated.
LOL. Dude, the airmatic shocks are noted with an approx life of 100K miles, and they are old seals by 9 years. Get some replacements from Arnott, get a core credit, save some money and keep on moving.

https://www.arnottindustries.com/sea...el=57&year=140

Arnott also has a coupon for MB World members as well, check into that.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:08 PM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
Originally Posted by bigben320e
LOL. Dude, the airmatic shocks are noted with an approx life of 100K miles, and they are old seals by 9 years. Get some replacements from Arnott, get a core credit, save some money and keep on moving.

https://www.arnottindustries.com/sea...el=57&year=140

Arnott also has a coupon for MB World members as well, check into that.
+1...I'm surprised those shocks kept up for that long.