Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fan Module UPGRADE(W203 radiator / suction electric fan)

Old 12-24-2012, 05:57 AM
npk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fan Module UPGRADE(W203 radiator / suction electric fan)

Read many suffered with low reliability and high cost to replace the whole fan when module has failed....( think some other models like ML and S-class also have this same setup)

The module is not sold separately.

The motor seems(I may be wrong) to be running on AC(alternating current) and require the module to run(I tried connecting DC to two of the three thick wire to the motor. It doesn't work regardless of permutation available) > (the fan blade moved about 30deg and stopped when connected to DC). There are 4 cables from the motor(3 single core thick wires(should be for supply) and one with several colored thin wires inside)

I wonder if fan modules from the older or other models (with module not integrated into the fan assembly) can be connected to replace this module?(like those on SLK with module not attached to the fan housing).

(I intend to convert this fan into a W126...so, I don't need to worry about sensing(sensor signal), if any from fan motor back to module or ECU)

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails Fan Module UPGRADE(W203 radiator / suction electric fan)-2011-09-27_182548_fan_module.jpg  
Old 02-20-2018, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W203 C240
Any luck on this ? I'm suffering on overheat issues because my fan on w203 c240 01 mdl kicks in at 100 at temp
Old 04-25-2018, 10:48 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
You get to it from above. Removing the MAF sensor makes it much easier.