Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One Touch Close-sunroof

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E320
One Touch Close-sunroof

I have a 03 E320, I took it to the dealor due to the button for the sunroof control being cracked. The dealor will cover this under warranty however they stated that they could not just order the button, they had to order the whole light assembly.

Today I dropped the car off for that to be installed. When I picked the car up I noticed that the sunroof did ONE TOUCH tilt up and open but not ONE TOUCH tilt down or close ( must hold the button now for tilt down or close).

I also noticed that the PINCH sensor does not operate (sunroof reversing direction) when holding opposing force on the sunroof while button is held to the close position.

The Service Advison called the mechanic over to look at this and the mechanic told me this:

This may be a upgrade to the sunroof control. MB may have this programed in a "upgraded" way in that you now have to press AND HOLD the button to close it or tilt it down. He also stated that he will call MB and see what is going on with this.

What I invision is that I'm going to get an answer such as it is "operating as designed" (new and improved...yeah right!!)

I have searched past threads regarding "syncing" procedures but none of those have worked. I guess the question that I have at this point is:

1. Has anyone had this problem?
2. How to confirm that this is infact "operating as designed" if
they come back with that answer?

You would think that they would have something in writing that would state this "new" way of operating the sunroof IF in fact is designed that way. We all know the NEW cars on the lots are ONE TOUCH CLOSED as well....just like the rest of the windows.

Disipointed in the MBZ.....AGAIN

Old 08-12-2003, 06:21 AM

Re: One Touch Close-sunroof

Originally posted by CaptMike
...We all know the NEW cars on the lots are ONE TOUCH CLOSED as well...
Sure?
Old 08-15-2003, 04:40 AM

2003 E320
Yes! (E2 Package)