Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

contacts list ..best way to transfer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 10:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300
iphone contacts list ..best way to transfer?

So a brief run in

the wife despite not listening, bought a 2009 C300 sportmatic with premium 1 and sports package (no sat nav).

Why did I tell her not to buy it? We live in Sturgis s/d and our nearest dealers are sioux falls sd (5 and a half hours each way on a good day) Billings montana (5 hours each way on a good day) or westminster colorado (6 and a half hours each way). So guess which one she chose for a service? the one with an ikea close so we could do some "shopping"..yup westminster colorado

The dealership did a sound job not only on the service but fixed quite a few warranty issues..wahoo... the command unit failed within warranty, some trim parts, a transfer leak..the usual subjects all free of charge

but the failed seals on the wing mirror lenses they say were cracks so a payment from us was required..but i am raising that with merc us but overall very happy with with the service

now down to the problem..I asked them to sync the contacts from the wifes iphone 4, they said they did not have the equipment to do this

I've seen some posts where they mention macs and v cards..not having a mac kills that one for me.

so my question is..after this long winded intro..is there some non apple phones that can bluetooth the contacts direct to the car and can I bluetooth from the mrs iphone to that other phone the contacts

and lastly..if i bluetooth from the non iphone phone the contacts over...will the iphone then recognise those contacts in the car and use them with the iphone?

sorry it's a long thread unless anyone can tell me another way..even manually?

Last edited by sylus; 02-02-2013 at 03:03 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300
63 looks and not a single reply? dissapointed

So much so I thought I would try something myself. I have an spare old lg trackphone with bluetooth so I vcarded the iphone contact list from the iphone to the lg trackfone

then I deleted the iphone from the car..then added the lg trackfone and simply bluetoothed the contacts over. Once they were transfered I simply deleted the lg tracfone...and no it doesn't remove the contacts

it seems whatever contacts you add from any phone to the car... they stay there until you delete them individually through the command unit

so with contacts added..the lg tracfone deleted..I just simply add the iphone again and viola..iphone paired and with contacts loaded...simplez

Last edited by sylus; 01-28-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:59 PM

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
2020 MB-AMG GLC43
Originally Posted by sylus
63 looks and not a single reply? dissapointed

So much so I thought I would try something myself. I have an spare old lg trackphone with bluetooth so I vcarded the iphone contact list from the iphone to the lg trackfone

then I deleted the iphone from the car..then added the lg trackfone and simply bluetoothed the contacts over. Once they were transfered I simply deleted the lg tracfone...and no it doesn't remove the contacts

it seems whatever contacts you add from any phone to the car... they stay there until you delete them individually through the command unit

so with contacts added..the lg tracfone deleted..I just simply add the iphone again and viola..iphone paired and with contacts loaded...simplez
You may want to try re-wording this. I don't follow - likely why no one responded. Are you tyring to merge contacts?

Anyway... I have one problem - the Command on the W212 does not hold enough contacts. Dealt with that?