Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need recomendations on a reputable, certified indy shop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 10:29 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Currently: 2019 E450 AWD, Previous: 2002 CLK55 Cab
Need recomendations on a reputable, certified indy shop

As some may know from my recent posts I just picked up this car a few weeks ago and I am in love. I also love the way the guys at the dealership dote on the car. They did not sell it to me. I picked them to do pre purchase inspections on the final candidates and we all agreed that this was a clean low mileage example of a great car. That said while I will stick with them for the work that it is best to have the dealership do, A and B service, etc. I need to find a reputable, certified MBZ indy shop to handle more regular stuff,eg upgrading to SS brake lines and slotted, maybe drilled rotors, when the time comes shock and suspension decisions, tire choices etc. I live about 1/2 way between Wash DC and Baltimore but Northern VA is easily accessible too. Any recomendations would be appreciated in finding a new home base for the baby.

Last edited by City Rat; 02-17-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 320
aww i wish i could help you in finding your indy - i am in the south - but i wanted to extend a warm welcome from another fellow MB lover who considers her car her baby ;D
Old 02-18-2013, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E430 4-Matic and E320 4-Matic Station Wagon
Hi,

Im actually in Columbia, which is also in between Baltimore and DC. I have had a lot of success with a guy in Elkton. His shop is called Image Auto Service. The phone number is 410 796 1114. I do most of my own maintenance, but when I have questions or have something I cant handle, I go there. His prices are really good, and hes very willing to answer any questions. He used to work at a dealership himself and also drives an W210.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by TrekAMG
Hi,

Im actually in Columbia, which is also in between Baltimore and DC. I have had a lot of success with a guy in Elkton. His shop is called Image Auto Service. The phone number is 410 796 1114. I do most of my own maintenance, but when I have questions or have something I cant handle, I go there. His prices are really good, and hes very willing to answer any questions. He used to work at a dealership himself and also drives an W210.
Hey thanks! I am in the Laurel Beltsville area myself. Just checked the google map, this guy is just up the road, off of Route 1 near Elkridge. Thanks. Any other recommendations are also welcome.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Adarah
aww i wish i could help you in finding your indy - i am in the south - but i wanted to extend a warm welcome from another fellow MB lover who considers her car her baby ;D
Thanks for the welcome. I hope that you are enjoying your ride as well.