Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 430E 4Matic "Plastic" Plugs / Anchors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2013 | 04:47 PM

2000 E430 4MATIC; 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid; 1992 300E 4MATIC; 1992 400E
2000 430E 4Matic "Plastic" Plugs / Anchors

I am missing several plastic plugs / anchors that should be holding the plastic / vinyl molding onto the underside of the drivers side "corner molding" that runs along the entire length of the car from the inner front wheel fender to the inner rear wheel fender. This molding flaps at speed and makes an annoying sound to an otherwise smooth ride. Can I just pick some of these black arrow shaped "plugs" / "anchors" up and replace them. I don't want to use anything but the proper item as I don't want to make it impossible to remove this molding in the future or to damage the sheet metal to which it is supposed to be attached. Any ideas, thoughts, would be immensely appreciated.
Old 03-01-2013 | 06:36 PM

E430 4Matic
They should be available from the dealer. You will want to make sure you can see them on the parts illustration in the parts department to make sure they are what you're looking for. They should be readily available as body shops use stuff like that like candy. Make sure that the molding that has to attach to the clips is still able to do so, otherwise the new clips will be worthless.