Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alignment or Camber?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 01:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 A4 1.8TQM6
Alignment or Camber?

Question about the rear wheels. When I was sitting at a restaurant looking outside at my car, I thought I saw my right rear wheel slanted!?! I must be going crazy I thought But, I think the rear wheels are suppose to be like this: |------|, right? Is it possible that it would be like this: /------| or |-------\ or even both being slanted in or out? Is this from normal wear and tear over the years and is this an easy problem to correct (cost and such) if it really is like that. Thanks for your help guys.
Old 08-17-2003, 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The wheels should have a bit on camber like this: /___\ I don't know what the specs are. On my car the rear camber is fixed, but maybe it is adjutable on yours.

BTW, slanted out at the top is not good.
Old 08-17-2003, 10:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 A4 1.8TQM6
if i'm staring from the front to back in a straight line, it looks like the top is tilted in a little and the bottom sticks out a little, like this: /-----\. So I guess thats normal, right? Nothing wrong with my car or is there?