Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95' S500 Coupe Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 S500 Coupe
95' S500 Coupe Issues

Car has 140K miles and my side mirror/rearview mirror switch went out and had a transmission pan leak. After a lot of work finally got the dash wood up enough to get switch replaced. The two screws attaching the two piece dash wood were spinning and ended up breaking plastic and got one removed enough to replaced
Replaced tranny pan gaskit and filter and while under car decised to replace oil pan gaskit due to leak as well. I removed the lower engine mount screws and jacked up engine enough to get to bolts at cross member. Get everything done and now the issues:

1) speedometer doesnt work anymore
2) gauge that indicates fuel consumption (MPG) doesnt work
3) ABS light on
4) ASR light is on

I kind of figured when I jacked up the engine approximately 1-2" something got disconnected for the speedometer/MPG gauges not functioning anymore. Also, replaced battery because mine was low and I read the ABS/ASR lights can come on from a battery issue?
I have searched this site and havent found any answers, thus asking for some help. First time I have posted and new to site, so if I did things wrong, I apologize now?
Thanks in advance for any help!