Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

single windshield wiper (timing) set-up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c 200 automatic elegance1998
single windshield wiper (timing) set-up

Can anyone provide good photos and instructions for setting the proper operation of the single wiper mechanism on my 1998 M B C class 200 Automatic. Having searched the forums this was available at one time but the particular link (Link B ) is no longer available .
Old 03-18-2013, 11:01 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
GL550, C55, 335i Coupe, vintage Mustang
First, with the motor uninstalled, plug it into the fuse box and cycle the wiper switch once with the key on. That sets the "parked" position of it. Then take the whole assemble and install the motor in it. If you have the assembly flipped over so the mechanics are on top, there is an alignment mark on the rotating head and on the base. Set those two so they line up, then set your motor linkage on and you should see a pair of marks on the base which basically straddle where the motor linkage should set. Then take the rotating arm that sets on the motor shaft and position it over the motor so all the previous parts you aligned are still in place. Tighten down the arm on the motor shaft and double check all the alignment marks again. Once they are all set, recheck the torque of all the fasteners and reinstall. Pour a shot of whiskey and drink one for me before you toast yourself on a job well done. Sorry I don't have any pictures for you.

Nick
Old 03-19-2013, 05:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c 200 automatic elegance1998
Thats great Nick. I now have a clear set of instructions which make sense of some photos available on howstuffworkswhich made no mention of alignment marks. It appears slippage has occured in my case,so now I will look forward to tackling this job ! I do appreciate your help,thanks.