Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery Tenders

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 619 Likes on 466 Posts
W212 FL
Battery Tenders

I have seen these two types of battery tenders for Mercedes-Benz cars , it says MB but I believe you should be able to have no problem of using these in any car you have got in your garage .
So, my question is what are main differences between these particular models , I asked my dealer but as of yet they not replied me back with a clinching answer
Thanks for your time

This one :

And this one :

Old 03-21-2013, 08:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05,cl65;33ford3wc.
I have a 3300 CTEK and it looks much like the one on the bottom, the other looks like their newer 4.3, they also have a 7002 that has more power etc. I suggest you check thier web site for details if your buying, there a top shelf euro charger and number of thier models would suit us, I recommend them. Good prices on ebay.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:23 AM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
Interesting

Both the owners manual and factory service manual warn against using a battery tender or charger, unless the battery is disconnected from the vehicle.

I have replaced many modules damaged by both.

My best suggestion: Follow the owners manual and factory service manual.

roy@pelicanparts.com

Old 03-22-2013, 05:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W212 FL
Thanks for your replies dtohio and PelicanParts.com, I appreciate that
Funny thing, I had seen a brand spanking new W221 S350 BLUETEC with the bigger charger was connected in the dealer's lot but I had not paid any attention whether the battery was disconnected from the car or not.
Thanks again
Old 03-22-2013, 10:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05,cl65;33ford3wc.
[QUOTE=PelicanParts.com;5587142]Both the owners manual and factory service manual warn against using a battery tender or charger, unless the battery is disconnected from the vehicle.

I have replaced many modules damaged by both.

My best suggestion: Follow the owners manual and factory service manual.

roy@pelicanparts.com

Yes the factory says this and its the safest given the various ways we may charge batteries, I have a 30 yr old and probably destructive to modern electronics charger I never use, I think thats why the removal suggestion persists. The cetek I use (us3300) is highly rated for its clean dc and hook up safety and ctek says you dont need to disconect the battery. I charge my winter stored MB every couple of weeks with the bat in place, no problems, and I know how to remove it and re snyc the car. Note thier 7002 charger even has a clean 12v supply mode for battery changes.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W212 FL
I went for the 1st one and it arrived ,here is the image for it , looks very professional item
Thanks again for your replies
Attached Thumbnails Battery Tenders-image1629.jpg