Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help noise from back of my 2002 c class coupe c180

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 06:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes c class 180 coupe auto
Help noise from back of my 2002 c class coupe c180

Hi my name is Steve and I am new to this site I have a problem with my Mercedes c class coupe c180 auto when I get to 40 mph I get like a thud/drown noise from the rear once over 40 it goes away but when you come off the the throttle its louder and feel a light vibrate from rear I've seen people on here say it could be tyres and wheel bearings but swopped the wheels over and still makes the same noise and dose not change when going round corners witch makes me think bearings are ok could it be diff ??can any one please help thanks Steve
Old 04-03-2013, 12:29 PM

2003 S55
It could be many different things, including the differential. A noise like this is not very easy to diagnose without driving the car/lifting it up on a hoist and driving it w/ the wheels off of the gruond. I'd recommend going to your closest dealer and having them take a look @ it. I'd stay away from unreputable mechanics as my sister had the same issue on her vehicle and was told the noise orriginated from the differential. It ended up being a wheel bearing. This was before I was a technician... No one on here will be able to properly diagnose your issue without hearing/seeing it.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:00 PM

Mercedes c class 180 coupe auto
Hi Chris thanks for your input will have to take it to the stealers thanks Steve