Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! Vibration @ 70-76MPH - READ BELOW

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012, C300, Sport, 4MATIC
HELP! Vibration @ 70-76MPH - READ BELOW

Good Evening,

I need some help. I have a 2012 c300 4MATIC; The vehicle has a vibration / humming noise between 70-76MPH, and you can especially hear it while turning at that speed on the highway left or right. It has been in the shop now for 3 weeks. The 1st Dealer told me I had 2 bent rims; paid to have the rims fixed and re road forced balanced that did not fix it; then they said I has bad tires put Goodyear Eagle GT tires on it, brought it back they re road forced balanced the tires and checked the rims and said it was 100% good but it was still there. They kept it for an additional week and told me to get my car because they could not figure it out. Now it is at another MB Dealership they have put a new axel on the driver side and they said it is still there they have also tried 2 different sets of brand new rims and tires and they said that did not fix anything, they have several open cases with MB but its a waiting game. I have been with out my car now for 5 weeks and living out of loaner cars
Old 04-11-2013, 07:40 AM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
Answer

Best guess without hearing this noise.

* Bad wheel bearing.
* Tire issue.
* Bad flex disc.
* Bad drive shaft carrier bearing or boot.
* Bad engine/transmission mount.

whunter@pelicanparts.com

Old 06-16-2017, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S205 C220 bluetec
Purchased a used C220 a few months back. In my case the vibrations was noticeable to me starting around 120 KM/H. I got wheels balanced several times and was send home again with the reply that roadforce numbers was within speech (I was told that up to 9 kg should be OK). Two weeks back I went to another tire shop and they managed to get the roadforce down to 3.5 Kg or lower (I did change all 4 tires). Now I'm driving on glass :-). My lessons learned is that at least in my car roadforce above say 5 kg is noticeable!