Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C problems and Engine Code pop up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 07:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C 320
A/C problems and Engine Code pop up

Hey everyone, I just bought my first MB C 320 an 01.

I bought it monday, but I looked at it on sunday and everything was working fine. cold a/c and no engine code(s).

Yesterday, I tried to recharge my a/c with a recharge kit from autozone (never done this before) and then it did not seem to work right away. I then drove the car for no longer than a minute and a puff of white smoke came from my engine bay and don't know from where since I was driving. Then, later on after letting the car rest, my a/c started blowing cold air. but now the problem is that it'll sometimes blow cold air and sometimes warm air. why is it doing that? what can I check? I took it to a mechanic who used to work on my Honda S2000 but he said he wont touch a benz lol. I'd rather work on it myself anyways so that I save a few hundred bucks. where can I start looking? Also, it makes a clicking noise behind my dash somewhere, what can that be?

Also, I got the engine code read to me at autozone and it read P0422 and P0432? I do not understand one bit of this ha. I'm a noob still. I did try to clean out MAF but the engine code did not turn off? How do I get the code to come off? Autozone wont take it off for legal purposes, which is understadable. Is the car supposed to automatically reset?

Thank you guys for your help
Old 05-18-2013, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Clicking behind dash

Im just starting to work on Mercedes but have plenty of experience with other makes...in my experience the clicking and cold air coming and going is definitely a problem with the blend doors behind the dash(they blend the hot and cold air)