Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Garage door opener

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C 230
Garage door opener

Got my C230 some 4 years ago (Model 2007) and had no problems to activate the garage door opener. Last weekend the garage door acted up , kept moving up and down. I pressed the learn button on the outside of the box a couple of times and that solved the problem. As a result the remote control for the door ( the one belonging to the garage door) did not work anymore and I had to reactivate it (successful) Also the remote control in the C230 did not work anymore and I followed the steps in the C230 manual to activate it again. Pressing button 2 and 4 at the same time and then button 1 and the one on the remote control etc. Despite the steady yellow light at the end which would indicate that the activation was successful the remote does not work. I repeated the procedure several times. I am using the remote which came with the garage door right now.
Any idea what the problem is and how this can be fixed?
Thanks
Old 08-27-2013, 08:08 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
84 300d 2009 e320 bluetec
LED is in position 1. with car switched "ON" . pushing 2 & 4 until LED starts flashing. do not hold longer than 30 sec to erase all codes. Program by pushing 2,3,or 4 and a working remote control at the same time until LED flashes rapidly. If program took, pushing mirror remove will cause LED to light constantly. If flashes and then constant, it has a rolling code. Rolling code needs training on garage opener. Push training button and within 30 sec, push mirror button for 2 sec. then push again to complete the programing.

some garage openers can only be trainer for 2 or 3 remotes.

Remember to turn OFF the ignition. having 2 people to do it is much easier than with only 1 person.