Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ML430 hesitates on take off!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 04:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML 430
ML430 hesitates on take off!

Please Help! Had a new audio (radio, GPS, reversing camera, DVD) fitted, battery went flat! Charged battery, started my vehicle and the low oil light came on, oil low so we topped it up! Oil light now stays on, how do I reset it?

Also it now stutters or hesitates when accelerating from a standing start! Didn't do this before the battery went flat! Apart from that it drives great!

It is as 2000 model with 191500 kms on it!

Any advise very welcome!
Old 07-08-2013, 02:52 AM

ML 430
Had the car checked out by the Mercedes Service Ctr! Found the Air Mass Metor was faulty! Replaced and my vehicle now accelerates very quickly! Feels like they fitted a sports chip!!!
Old 01-25-2015, 10:44 PM

ML 430
Yes it came back, the hesitation from a standing start, so I fitted new air intact MAF, new fuel filter, new plugs and leads! All this helped but it still hesitated, some days okay and the next all the time! Had a flat battery, so I disconnected the negative terminal while charging the battery! Surprise, surprise, no hesitation and the engine noise with my new sound system at low speed has also gone!

So did the computer reset itself once I removed the negative lead?