Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ENGINE VIBRATION AT IDLE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 c 180 k estate
ENGINE VIBRATION AT IDLE

Hi all
I have a 2007 c180k estate .I recently drove it (wife uses it) and noticed a vibration at idle 850 rpm .you can feel it through the gear lever ,brake and steering . the car drive vey smoothly especially between 2000 to 4000 rpm .visually under the bonnet all looks smooth and good .There is no engine lights on .I originally bought this car with a blown engine.The original owner tried crossing a river in flood and sucked water into the engine and snapped no 4 conrod. I rebuilt the engine completely about 20 000 kms ago and there wasn't this vibration then .A area that did concern me then was the supercharger .There was alot of backlash between the drive pulley and the rest of the charger .Inside there is a large spring that acts as a drive coupling .This seems to have alot of play.I don't know if the water that went through it could have over stress the super charger .Why I mention this is that the vibration seems to be a higher frequency than the idle rpm and wonder if it could be the charger .I have read other threads about engine mounts and will check mine but wondered if anyone has ever had problems with the superchargers and how does one know if the charger is not operating to full potential
look forward to reading any replies
regards
Robin
Old 07-22-2013, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s-class
loss in pip of kombresser . remove the manifold and kompressor end you will see the pips broken
Old 08-09-2013, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
engine mounts / bad plugs / wires